Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A Beginner's Campaign (post 10)

Some really good news to report this week. On Sunday, the local newspaper printed its endorsements for my race. Of me they said,"It would be better off to leave the seat empty than to elect this candidate." I wonder how often they have wanted to say that about a candidate but never really had the chance. This is great stuff! Then on Monday they published their feature article about my race in particular. I got a headline! "Unorthodox candidate challenges incumbent" How 'bout them apples. The buzz is beginning to get back to me. Some reported that a local radio station had keyed off the Herald article and had mentioned me on the air. Others dropped by my office and asked if guy described in the paper was really me. Thank you Nathan Isaacs (the reporter) wherever you are. My daughter has even had people come up to her at work and ask about me. After laboring (sort of) in obscurity thus far things are really beginning to break for me. This is the kind of thing I had really hoped for. If I get some street signs out now I think I can maximize this thing.

No comments: