- Nuclear deals with Iran have worked. They are no longer enriching above 5%. No additional centrifuges have been installed. Work has stopped on their heavy-water reactor. IAEA has full access to inspect.
- Those who expect Iran to completely abandon nuclear energy are completely unrealistic (or actually have other hidden agendas).
- A nuclear agreement does not require Senate ratification. Some of our senators are not the sharpest crayons in the box.
- Iran is already a signatore to the NPT. This propose agreement just imposes some additional requirements.
- Iran really wants an agreement because sanctions are hurting them.
- The best way to keep Iran from misbehaving is to bring them closer, not push them further away.
Thursday, March 26, 2015
What's Really in the Iranian Nuclear Deal
Jame Conca explains what's really in the Iran Nuclear deal and why we just need to get it done. Key Points: