If one can't actually ask these questions of a candidate, one can at least try to ascertain what their answers might be from their history and current positions. I wonder if anyone will try that exercise.
- What’s the biggest crisis you’ve faced in your professional life and how did you handle it?
- What's the biggest personal crisis you’ve faced and how did you handle it?
- What’s your greatest political triumph?
- What’s your greatest governing triumph?
- What experience have you had that will serve you well as president?
- What historical presidential moment tells us the most about your vision of the office?
- Tell us a joke.