Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Beginner's Campaign (post 6)

I sent out my first appeal for support tonight. (Lord, forgive me for I have spammed.) It will be interesting to see how many respond positively. The people I've talked to in person usually don't understand what I'm doing at first. After a while some get it. But others will remain puzzled forever.

There's a county fair coming up in a couple of weeks which would be a good time to talk to masses of people. I'll have to find out what the fair rules are about non-partisan candidates. Both major political parties have booths and the rules require candidates to stay within two feet or so of their respective booths. That keeps them from making a nuisance of themselves out in the aisles. Even though my particular race is non-partisan, somehow I don't think either party is going to want me standing next to their booth. It will be an interesting challenge.

No comments: